Created in 1997, the Hyde Shuttles transport seniors and people with disabilities to hot meal programs, medical appointments, senior centers, grocery stores, and other local destinations.
We are named in honor of Lillian May Hyde, a longtime Seattle resident whose generous bequest provides funding for the Hyde Shuttles and aids countless seniors and people with disabilities in our community. Through our partnership with King County Metro, the Washington State Department of Transportation and Aging and Disability Services, we now have 38 vans on the road!
The service provides riders with an opportunity to socialize and stay active within their communities. It gives our van drivers an overwhelming sense of satisfaction and a chance to form many special friendships. There is no charge for rides, but donations are welcome. Call (206) 727-6262, (425) 333-4009 (for Snoqualmie Valley Only) or 1-877-415-3632 for information on sites and days of service.
Become a Hyde Shuttle Rider!
Do you need a ride for local errands? Did you give up driving? Is taking the bus difficult? Are your children missing work to help you with your transportation needs? The Hyde Shuttles might be able to help!
Who can ride the Hyde Shuttles?
- People with disabilities
- Seniors 55 or better
- customers must live in the service area
Ride the Hyde Shuttles!
- No forms to complete - just sign up over the phone.
- Scheduling hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
- Trained drivers provide you with personalized transportation to your appointments and activities.
- Free rides (donations welcome).
- Opportunities to socialize and meet new people.
Hyde Shuttles community vans provide rides to local destinations for seniors and people with disabilities who live in the following areas:
- Beacon Hill - Southeast Seattle
- Burien - Highline
- Central Seattle (First Hill, Capitol Hill, Central Area and the International District)
- Des Moines - Normandy Park
- Federal Way
- Northeast Seattle
- Northwest Seattle
- Queen Anne/Magnolia/Interbay
- Shoreline - Lake Forest Park
- Snoqualmie Valley
- West Seattle
Hyde Shuttles vans also transport seniors to ethnic hot meal programs at numerous locations throughout King County
. Call (206) 727-6262 or 1-877-415-3632 for information on sites and days of service.
Inspired to volunteer for us?
Visit our Become a Driver Page
or contact us by calling (206) 748-7588 for more information.