Are you interested in becoming a volunteer driver?
- Like to drive?
- Enjoy meeting new people?
Drive a senior to their medical appointment!
Transportation is one of the top problems facing King County seniors. More and more seniors are turning to the Volunteer Transportation Program for help. Unfortunately, we simply do not have enough volunteer drivers to meet their needs. We urgently need to recruit more volunteers.
- Provide rides using their own vehicles
- Choose the times, days, and areas they wish to drive
- Receive reimbursement for mileage and parking costs
- Receive supplemental liability insurance at no cost
- Do no heavy lifting or bearing of weight
Our program attracts a wonderful mix of people of all ages and from all walks of life...retirees, working individuals, stay-at-home parents, snowbirds. Rain or shine, they show up on doorsteps throughout their communities to provide a ride and a helping hand. What makes our program different from buses, taxis, and ACCESS vans, is that our drivers provide not only a ride but act as an escort as well. Their dedication and compassion have created a program that's out of this world. Our clients don't know what they would do without their help.
Become a Hyde Shuttle Volunteer Driver!
The Hyde Shuttles offer a fun and rewarding volunteer opportunity. Current service areas urgently in need of volunteer drivers include Des Moines/Normandy Park, Shoreline/Lake Forest Park, and Burien/Highline.
Hyde Shuttle Volunteer Drivers...
- Choose the times, days, and areas they wish to drive.
- Drive our agency vans - no wear and tear on your own vehicle!
- Receive free training in defensive driving and passenger assistance.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Do not need a special driver's license.
- Do no heavy lifting or bearing of weight.
Take a Turn in the Right Direction...Become a Volunteer Driver Today
Call us at (206) 748-7588 or apply online!
Volunteer Driver Application
Volunteer Hyde Shuttle Application